Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Turkey Chili

Thought I would start a new blog with just recipes I have created or recipes that I used. Today I am putting on a recipe I read somewhere over a year ago and decided to come up with my own. I have made this a lot, as we really like it!

Here's the recipe:


Pumpkin Turkey Chili - Crock Style

Cook in skillet until meat is browned:

1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
3-4 ribs of celery, chopped
1 small red pepper, chopped and seeds removed
1 pound ground turkey

For the spices I add to taste:
salt, pepper, seasoned salt, about 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon cumin
I did add about 1/2 package of Chili-O, if I don’t have Chili-O on hand, I have used ½ package of LaTirra taco seasoning.

Now put all the following ingredients, along with the meat mixture into a 4-quart crock pot:
1 can chicken broth, 14 ounces, can use 2 chicken bullion cubes with 2 cups water
2 cups fresh cooked pumpkin, puree or canned pumpkin

2 cans diced tomatoes, 14.5 ounces each can
1 can kidney beans
2 cans pinto beans
1 can small red beans
Cook this on low for 3-4 hours.
Enjoy!
This is going on the site: http://hopealicious.blogspot.com/2011/10/fall-virtual-crock-pot-party.html


 and here: http://crockpotrecipeexchange.blogspot.com/2011/10/fall-virtual-crock-pot-party.html

No comments: